Friday, March 25, 2016

Anime recommendation #3

I guess I have way too much time 'cause I can complete animes in a few days :I But whatever, enjoy this recommendation x)

I ran into Osomatsu-san fan art so often on Instagram that I decided to give it a go :P Basically it's about sextuplets who are NEETs (Not in Education, Employment or Training) The anime follows their ''everyday life'', which is far from normal. The show originates from Osomatsu-kun, which is from the 1960s. I haven't watched the original one so I can't really compare them to each other, but the new one is obviously a lot more modern.

The sextuplets are really weird (especially Jyushimatsu), but the whole show pretty is far from normal anyway xD There are some awkward characters like Dayon (his cheeks are huge), Iyami (I have no idea what kind of character he is :I), Dekapan (a random fat guy?) and Chibita, who I actually really liked. His voice was pretty cute even though his seiyuu was a woman.
To introduce the sextuplet the shortly:
Osomatsu is the oldest of them. He doesn't really have anything special that could help with distinguishing him from the others. He kind of acts like the leader, even though he's not the most responsible one.
Karamatsu is a wannabe cool guy :D He wears a leather jacket and sunglasses pretty often. Everyone ignores him, which makes the watchers love him. At least I did :3
Choromatsu is a worrywart. He seems like the most responsible one, but is actually just as stupid as the others. He's also an otaku.
Ichimatsu is my fav of the six :3 Probably because of his seiyuu (Jun Fukuyama ftw <3) He acts like he hates the world but it's probably just his character. He really loves cats.
Jyushimatsu is the crazy one. He can pull of pretty much everything, for example splitting up into bacteria and curing his brothers from a cold. He does have a serious side, too, but doesn't show it that often. (When he does, he makes a huge impact on everyone. *cough* episode 9 *cough*)
Todomatsu is the spoiled youngest brother. He seems like he's all innocent and such, but is actually pretty manipulative. He's a cute character, though. (He's voiced by Haikyuu's Sugawara, aka Miyu Irino)
The alternative egos of the sextuplets. They aren't seen that often, though.
Most of the jokes in Osomatsu-san are really weird, some kind of disgusting and some hilarious. I did laugh out loud while watching. Alone. In my room. x) Even though it's mostly comedy, it has the ability to make the watcher cry. Especially Chibita and Jyushimatsu's cases were really sad T_T

Anyway, I'd recommend Osomatsu-san to anyone who'd like to watch a carefree and random anime, and isn't that strict with the art or so. This isn't everyone's piece of cake, but there are quite a lot of people who enjoyed it. I did, too, even though I was preconceived at first. I ended up really loving it, so you should try, too x)

~ZANI~

No comments: