Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Okayyy another simp post

 Hello again, it's been a while :)

I've mostly wasted my time with Animal Crossing (the dlc stole the rest of 2021), but there was one proper simp period and although it's mostly passed I still wanted to write about it ✌🏻😁

I got a digibox and checked out a cartoon series I've never really cared about.. Turtles. The newest, Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, aired in Finland on a free channel (still is, they're replaying S1 back to back for some reason), and so it began...

I started mid season, the episode called 'purple jacket' which focused on Donnie, but since it was dubbed I didn't really have a good first impression. The art style got me interested though so I looked it up and.. binged the entire series in a few days :) It was really good!

I tend to get attached to (read: crush on) characters really easily sooooo I had a field day with this one. Yeah, they might be humanoid turtles but the personalities were still really cool. (The designs were somehow really good looking too but that feels weird to say.. The artists definitely knew what they were doing though, especially in the 'clothes don't make the turtle' episode where they made poses in different outfits, I mean come on! We're gonna crush on them if you do that! I don't even care about muscles but these boys made me rethink that! Why do they have pecs?!)

Aaaaaanyway, I did like all of them, first Mikey was my fav but at some point I really started to like Donnie and Leo more. They both have great one liners I would quote more if I actually spoke English lol :D

(I'm not really posting images cuz I'm writing on my phone, idk if I'll edit this later)

I don't even know how many times I've watched the same yt clips of these boys lol. Why they gotta be so iconic?? Donnie's smug theatre kid flamboyance, Leo's crazy-but-still-smooth attitude, Mikey's cool but childlike positivity and Raph's tough but huggable teddybear energy?? This show took me by storm πŸ™ˆ

Also, the voice actors! I only knew two of them, Leo (movie Sonic and 2017 Ducktales Dewey) and Donnie (101 Dalmatian Street Dylan) and both did a GREAT job! Mikey's probably the only character who can say stuff like 'yeah baby' and make me still like him, idk what the va does but it's so cute?? Raph didn't do the same but I still really liked his voice, deep and raspy :3

At some point I did binge about 3 seasons of the 2012 series and though it was different, I still liked most of it. Leo and Karai were cute until the reveal, Donnie was both cringe and cute with his crush and I didn't get to see Mikey with the time wizard lady and Raph with Mona, I did check some vids tho. I think my favs in 2012 tmnt were Raph and Leo, they were both so coooool also they really did Mikey dirty here πŸ™„ The kraang were kinda interesting, can't wait to see them in the rottmnt movie! Also, I definitely prefer rottmmt April over 2012, she's so cooooool and has a great va, too!

Hmmmmmm I did end up in the fandom as well, Tumblr has gotten more familiar for some reason πŸ™ƒ Great fanart, cute lil comics and fanfics, gosh the fanfics. I never knew what a turtle's stomach was called, now I do. Plastron. Probs not very comfy but neither are bones and I've spent too long reading undertale fics to really care about that anymore. It is still kind of weird if you really stop to think about it buuuuuut what ya gonna do, I ain't gonna go smooch a turtle or a skeleton outside of fiction lol

I think that was most of it... I just write whatever comes to mind, I hope it's somewhat understandable πŸ˜…

I don't think it's gonna get as bad but recently I've been seeing and watching a lot of fnaf stuff, especially about the new game, Security Breach. I still haven't watched a full playthrough (a couple eps from Mark but got bored I guess?) but Jack's playing it now and I'm following that. Aaanyway, Glamrock Freddy is dad, not daddy, and sun/moondrop is fun and has a cool voice.

~Zani/Zee/Sienna out!~

No comments: