Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Character rant #1

Okay, I'm back again x) (I don't know about Juliet, though, she'll probably write soon too)

I came up with a new idea today: character rants. I'm having so many Haikyuu feels at the moment so I have to let them out once in a while, especially because I'm the only otaku in my squad and I feel like it's rude and kind of weird to start ranting about something they don't understand. The feels bottle up over time and now I accidentally managed to pop the bottle open. I watched some Kageyama AMVs and almost started crying, they were so touching and very well done <3

(Have a few: ApplauseWires and my fav You are not your skin)

So. I made a recommendation of Haikyuu a while back so I won't explain the whole thing, but I will dig into the backstory of the lil bean I'm going to rant over today.
If you have read the Haikyuu post you probably know about my love for Kageyama. Most of my favourite characters are the type that ''act like they're really charismatic but are actually losers''. Perfect examples are the prince-like idiot Tamaki from OHSHC, the awkward prince Raji from Snow White with the Red Hair and my dear little dork Kageyama from Haikyuu. I love characters that get awkward and blushy even though they seem so confident and strong.

Kageyama might act like the cool skilled setter he is from time to time but is actually as dumb as Hinata. As I've seen someone say on Tumblr,  he's ''actually the most special snowflake ever''. I mean, look at these:
 
 

He's such an awkward little thing <33 I can't really express my feelings but I'm sure that someone out there knows what I'm talking about and can relate to all...this. xD But the awkwardness isn't the only thing I love about him.

Those who have watched Haikyuu are familiar with his back story. In middle school he used to be called an ''egocentric king'' because he used to boss around and was pretty selfish. As a result to that, his teammates started to isolate him and he ended up benched. Tsukishima still calls him 'King' just to tease him (which makes the feels run wild T_T). Sad back stories make characters more human and I personally start to love them even more. I've seen tips on how to write realistic and overall good characters and adding some negative personality traits is probably the simplest way of ''humanizing'' them.
Another and a more obvious reason for me loving him are the looks. He's just so pretty <3

 
I love dark hair and his sharp blue eyes are like a cherry on top. He has the ''ikemen haircut'' as well. And, as I am pretty tall, it makes me extremely happy to know that he's taller than me. My smol baby is actually a tol baby xDD

I think that this could be called a rant :DD I'm not sure if I'm going to write more of these but I guess I have to lay more of my Haikyuu and Hetalia feels in the open more often ;)

~ZANI~

No comments: